Monday, June 11, 2012

Peachy Keen's Challenge 1


Peachy Keen Stamps June Release Challenge #1
Heather's challenge was to include paper piecing, ribbon or twine, and some kind of sparkle or bling on 
your projects

OK is official I have completely lost my mind.
I had shoulder surgery on Thursday but I so loved this set and was determined to enter this
challenge so with an ice pack and pain killers both
while making this card and now describing what went into making this card.

I ended up making this card not only for the challenge but also
for Aubrey's (my granddaughter's) 6th birthday.

Stamp set - Pk's latest release 
Paper - DCWV's Once Upon a Time stack 
I went around the purple sheet with Tim Holtz's  Dusty Concord
Then on the landscape I used Wild Honey on the mountain
Iced Spruce on the water and in the sky
Iced spruce on the leaves and grass.
& Vintage Photo along the edge to pop out the window frame.
Grass - memento's cottage ivy
and the fairy was colored with my limited supply of copic markers
with stickles to make the hair pop
Paper piecing on her top - paper scrap - that I went over with 
my Scrampin' Up's Smooch 
Stickles on her wings and the flower hat
blush - Stamin' up's chalk.
Brad's Recollections
Ribbon - unknown source
I love this card and this latest set.
I can see myself using it over and over again 





No comments:

Post a Comment